PREP TIME: 15MINUTES MINUTES
COOK TIME: 0MINUTES MINUTES
TOTAL TIME: 15MINUTES MINUTES
SERVINGS: 4 PEOPLE
- 2 ripe avocados diced
- 1 crisp cucumber chopped
- 1 pound tomatoes cherry, Roma, heirloom, or a mix
- ½ medium red onion finely sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil extra virgin
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar or lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons parsley chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
STEP 1: PREP THE VEGGIES
- Cut the red onion in half, then into thin slices. Pinch the onion with your fingers to separate the layers.
- If a raw red onion is too sharp for you, soak it in cold water for ten minutes before adding it to the salad.
- Dice the tomatoes into bite-size pieces. For example, you can cut cherry tomatoes in half and larger tomatoes into wedges.
- Cut the cucumber in half lengthwise, then in half again, and finally into smaller pieces.
- Cut the avocado in half, remove the pit, then score it with a knife to create small squares. Finally, scoop it out to add it to the other ingredients.
STEP 2: MIX THE VEGGIES
- Add chopped tomatoes, avocado, cucumber, and onion to a large bowl. Next, add finely chopped parsley, balsamic vinegar (or freshly squeezed lemon juice), extra virgin olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Mix gently until the vegetables are coated in the condiments and slightly creamy from the avocado. Taste and adjust for salt before serving.
If you want a salad with a bolder and poppier flavor, then try our Italian dressing, mustard dressing, or our cilantro and lime juice dressing for a Mexican twist.