Prep Time5 minutes
Cook Time10 minutes
Total Time15 minutes
- 300 g (10.5 oz) linguine or spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 40 g (2 tablespoons) unsalted butter
- 6 garlic cloves, finely sliced
- ½ teaspoon red chilli flakes
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 50 g (½ cup) grated Parmesan (or veggie hard Italian cheese)
- A handful freshly chopped parsley
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Cook the pasta al dente in salted water according to the instructions on the package. Reserve 1-2 cups of pasta water before draining.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large pan or Dutch oven and melt the butter in it over low-medium heat.
- Stir in the garlic and red chilli flakes and cook for 1-2 minutes until the garlic changes its colour, careful not to burn it.
- Transfer the cooked pasta to the pan and toss well with a pair of kitchen tongs to cover it in the butter sauce. Add a splash of pasta water if it looks too thick.
- Stir in the lemon zest and juice, then add the Parmesan and toss well to combine.
- Add the chopped parsley, season to taste and serve immediately, topped with additioanl grated cheese and lemon zest if you like.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 341Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 32mgSodium: 314mgCarbohydrates: 39gFiber: 2gSugar: 1gProtein: 11g