Learn to make Air fryer potato cakes in easy steps for a simple snack at teatime.
Prep Time20minutes mins
Cook Time40minutes mins
Total Time1hour hr
Keyword: Air fryer potato cakes
Author: bhavana bhatia
- Air fryer
- pastry brush
- cookie cutter
- parchment paper
- 3 potatoes boiled, large
- 2 tbsp. oil
- salt and pepper as per taste
- In a saucepan of boiling water, boil the potatoes. Let it cool.
- Peel the potatoes once cool.
- Grate potatoes using a grater or food processor. Add oil,salt and pepper,mix the mixture well
- Meanwhile, preheat the air fryer at 190 C| 375 F.
- Now in a preheated air fryer,optionally line the parchment paper. Make a patty of desired shape, using a cookie cutter.
- Ensure they are not overlapping with each other.
- Air fry for 15 mins at 190 C (375 F) brushing oil once in between
- Brush oil again and flip. Cook at 200C | 390 F for 7-8 minutes or until crisp.For the last few minutes of the cook, you may remove the parchment paper.
- Serve immediately.
This recipe of potato cakes is different from the homemade hashbrowns recipe as we have completely boiled the potatoes here, while in the hashbrown, we partially boil the potatoes.