This Chickpeas Greek Salad is a super delicious recipe. It can be eaten as is as a salad or can be stuffed inside a pita or rolled in a wrap to make a mini meal. The salad is so easy to put together. Also, learn how to make Greek Salad Dressing at home with ease.
Keywordchickpeas salad, garbanzo beans salad, greek salad dressing, greek salad,, light meals, mediterranean salad, vegetarian salad
Prep Time15 minutes
Total Time15 minutes
Ingredients for Salad
- 1 cup Chickpeas (cooked at home or canned)
- 1 cup Cucumbers chopped into small pieces
- 1 cup Cherry Tomatoes or Regular size chopped as the same size that of cucimbers
- 1/4 cup Red Onion thinly sliced or chopped the same size
- 1/4 cup Parsley chopped fine
- 1 sprig Mint leaves chopped fine
- 1/4 cup Feta Cheese skip for vegan option
- Greek Salad Dressing
Ingredients for Greek Salad Dressing
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 tsp Dried Oregano
- 2 Tbsp Red Wine Vinegar or use regular white distilled vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1/2 cup Olive oil
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper powder
Making Greek Salad Dressing
- Take a small glass jar. Add all the ingredients as mentioned under dressing to the jar. Close the lid of the jar. Give it a vigorous shake till oil is well mixed with the other ingredients. Use as much as desired. Refrigerate the leftover upto a week.
- For best results, let sit the dressing for at least 30 minutes before pouring over the salad. That lets the dressing absorb the best of the ingredients flavors to impart to the salad.
Making Chickpeas Greek Salad
- Take a large bowl. Add all the ingredients as mentioned under the Salad Ingredients. Give it a good toss. Add dressing to the salad as required. Give another good toss. Chill the salad for sometime before serving.
- NOTES – you may add some pitted black olives and colored bell peppers to the salad for more texture and flavor. Also add some lettuce to it and fill inside a PITA POCKET to make a complete meal.
In case you want to use dry chickpeas for the recipe and cook in Instant Pot –
- Wash and soak overnight – 3/4 cup of chickpeas in 3 cups of water. Or you can soak these for 8 hrs minimum.
- When ready to cook, drain chickpeas from the water. Add soaked chickpeas to the instant pot. Add about 3 cups of water and 1/2 tsp salt (optional). Secure the lid of the IP and set valve on sealing.
- Cook for 20 minutes on PRESSURE COOK MODE and follow NPR (natural pressure release). Once the safety valve drops down, remove the lid. Drain any excess water.
- Perfect textured chickpeas to be used in a salad are ready. Cool them down to room temperature or refrigerate before adding to the salad.
- These are great for any meal prep. And can be kept handy to be added to any recipe that needs it