Fiesta Pinwheels is an excellent bite sized appetizer which can be made ahead of time for a party or in large quantity. It takes only 15 minutes to make and no cooking is required.
Prep Time15minutes mins
Total Time15minutes mins
Course: Appetizer, Kids Friendly, Lunch Box Recipes, Snacks
Servings: 30 Bite Size Pieces
Author: Sandhya Ramakrishnan
- 4 Flour tortilla burrito size
- 4 oz Cream cheese
- ¼ cup Sour cream
- 3 tbsp Picante sauce or any Mexican hot sauce adjust based on your liking
- 1 tbsp Taco seasoning
- 2 oz Ripe olives r about ¼ cup drained and finely chopped
- 2 oz Canned green chilies drained and finely chopped
- ½ cup Cheddar cheese finely shredded
- to serve Salsa optional
- Toothpicks to make it easier to pick and eat
- In a wide bowl, combine the cream cheese, sour cream, hot sauce and taco seasoning and mix well until smooth. Stir in the rest of the ingredients.
- Add a heaped ¼ cup of the filling on a tortilla and spread well.
- Roll it up jelly roll style tightly and lay it on a serve ware seam side down or wrap them in plastic wraps. Since I made a big batch of the recipe, I just layered mine on an aluminum tray and refrigerated it.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or preferably overnight.
- Once chilled, slice them into 1 inch piece with a sharp knife and insert a tooth pick through the middle to make it easy for serving.
- Serve the Fiesta Pinwheels with salsa or as is.
- Roll the wraps tight so they don’t open up.
- Serve the pinwheels chilled. That really helps in enhancing the flavors.
- Insert toothpicks before slicing the rolls. This helps in keeping the layers intact when slicing and also makes it easier to transfer it to the serving dish.
- Use different colored wraps to make holiday theme pinwheels. I like to use spinach, tomato and regular wraps for Christmas colors.
Calories: 40kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 7mg | Sodium: 107mg | Potassium: 21mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 105IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 25mg | Iron: 1mg