Make this veggie lentil soup in the Instant Pot (or other pressure cooker). It is full of vegetables and flavor without the added oil. This lentil soup is whole food plant-based. It works great for meal prep too.
Course: Main Course, Soup
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
pressure release: 10 minutes
Total Time: 27 minutes
- 1 medium onion diced, about 1 1/2 cups
- 2 carrots sliced, about 1 1/4 cups
- 2 celery stalks diced, about 1 cup
- 1 medium white potato diced, about 1 1/2 cups
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 28 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups dried brown lentils rinse
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasonings
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 5 cups vegetable broth divided
- salt and pepper to taste
- Dice slice, and mince all vegetables, set aside
- more broth to thin soup after cooking
- Sauté onion and carrot in 1 cup of broth for about three minutes. Use the sauté function and sauté in the Instant Pot. Watch the bottom of your pan so that the broth doesn’t dry out and vegetables begin to stick. Your pan might not come to pressure if the vegetables stick.
- Add in all other ingredients: lentils, canned diced tomatoes, celery, potatoes, garlic, seasonings, vinegar and lemon juice, and remaining four cups of broth. Give it a stir.
- On manual mode, set your pressure cooker on high for 12 minutes.
- After the veggie soup has come to pressure and counted down, allow a natural release for 10 minutes.
- After you have allowed 10 minutes for natural release, carefully with a long-handled spoon or similar device, continue releasing pressure. Open your pot.
- Depending on how thin you like your soup, you may want to add in a little vegetable broth. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Calories: 181kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 11g | Sodium: 1037mg | Potassium: 696mg | Fiber: 13g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 2995IU | Vitamin C: 15.8mg | Calcium: 76mg | Iron: 4.8mg